I have been nominated by the most lovely and wonderful Laura for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I was absolutely over the moon to receive this nomination and want to thank her so much. I write because I hope it will strike a chord with someone or help someone, and the fact that she nominated me absolutely means the world.
You definitely need to check the lovely Laura’s blog out because she’s simply incredible – very well written, well thought out, informative and candid. Her link is below.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is to recognize bloggers who are positive, creative and inspiring. It is also a way to bring recognition to so many talented and dedicated bloggers. It’s a great way to show your appreciation for the talent of others, and to get involved in the community.
There are a few rules to the award and nominations which are shown below:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to his/her blog.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write 11 questions for them to answer.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
The questions Laura gave me are below along with my answers:
1. What keeps you motivated whilst blogging?
I blog because I want to express myself, to keep a record of what I’m going through myself as well as to hopefully connect with others and maybe help them if I can. I’ve always written in some form or another. I find it a great way to get my thoughts out and I just love it, so I suppose my love of it is what keeps me the most motivated.
2. How old are you?
I’m 31! Even though I don’t feel it, I still feel mentally about 26.
3. Introvert or Extrovert?
I’m definitely an extrovert when I’m fully myself on a good day. By nature, I’m outgoing and positive, very friendly and I just like to be myself.
4. How many languages can you speak fluently?
I can only speak English! I did learn German at school but have completely forgotten most of it. I would like to learn how to sign.
5. How long have you been blogging?
I haven’t been blogging very long, only a few months although I have been writing for The Mighty and a local mental health publication for a couple of years.
6. Who has been your biggest inspirations, both in the blogging community and in life?
There are so many bloggers who I admire, I couldn’t name just one. Lots of people give me hope, I find them inspiring and I think they write beautifully, at least 30! Sorry I probably failed that question for picking just one. Maybe I’ll do a post later down the line of my favourite bloggers if anyone is interested.
In life my biggest inspiration is my mam, because she has been through a lot through her life and from her I learnt to be strong, to get on with life and keep moving forward but still ask for help when you need it. These are the things that get me through my illnesses, without her influence I wouldn’t be as strong today.
7. If you were stranded on an island;
- what’s one thingyou’d miss the most
My pets! I’m sure if they count as a ‘thing’, but other than people they are what I would miss most.
- who would you miss the most?
Without a doubt my husband, the most amazing person on earth.
8. If you could move anywhere, where would it be?
Right now, we live in Glasgow, and what I want most in the world is to move to the Scottish Borders to be near my family and friends, and to have a little house with a garden instead of a flat.
9. Do you intend to blog for fun or blog for income?
I am blogging for own pleasure and in the hope that other people would enjoy reading my blog too. Income would be amazing but that’s not why I’m here.
10. What do you find lifts you up most when you are feeling down?
My husband is a constant support and helps me through everything, no matter what, every single day.
11. Favourite motivation/positive quote?
“She did it anyway, because she is brave”
I have it tattooed on my arm, it’s something that resonates with me in a big way, something my mam used to send me when I was going through hard times and it means a lot.
My nominations are:
My questions for my nominees are:
- What is your ultimate dream in life?
- How do you stay as positive as possible?
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
- What brings you the most joy daily?
- What would you like to achieve with your blog?
- What have been your greatest moments of this year?
- What would your top 3 travel destinations be if you could go anywhere and why?
- What is one song that you really connect deeply with?
- If you wrote an autobiography, what would it be called?
- What would the picture on the front of your autobiography be?
- Do you know how truly wonderful you are?
I’m so honoured to have been part of this and I’m really looking forward to reading your answers.
Much love and positive thoughts.